Man of War studios balaclava does not cover chin

dherzing

New Hunter
Hello,
What type of balaclava is best for covering the chin when the bucket is on? I have a MOW balaclava and it does not cover the chin. What do you guys use so the chin isn't visible when someone looks up underneath the bucket?
Thanks,
Dave

The MOW balaclava has a skirt that connects to the helmet so no one can look up the helmet. So in a way, it does cover the chin. It's the more accurate balaclava, but it limits airflow. I just use a basic light grey balaclava.

To help visualize what DeathProof said above with the MOW correct style head gear. pics are taken from MOW's eBay page.
This is what that skirt thing is supposed to do.
s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Lynn

Hello,
What type of balaclava is best for covering the chin when the bucket is on? I have a MOW balaclava and it does not cover the chin. What do you guys use so the chin isn't visible when someone looks up underneath the bucket?
Thanks,
Dave

has anyone got photos of them wearing the balaclava?

Also Dave if you end up getting another Balaclava, I'm in the market for a MOW one.

I'm curious, do many people here actually wear a balaclava with their suit? I don't seem to recall seeing many pics of people with their helmet off with one on, nor on many peoples build lists?

If you are joining the 501st or Mandalorian Mercs one is required to get approved.
Lynn
I don't quite see the point of something that's otherwise unseen both in film as well as in production photos as being 501st required. And that's ignoring the fact that it'd probably be pretty irresponsible and possibly dangerous to force the wearer to cut short what little open air supply is available in a already very hot costume. Just my opinion

Yeah I hadn't seen the need for a balaclava in the CRL so wasn't going to bother. Plus living in Oz it's hot enough down here even in winter without adding a balaclava to an already hot helmet.

I'm curious, do many people here actually wear a balaclava with their suit? I don't seem to recall seeing many pics of people with their helmet off with one on, nor on many peoples build lists?

I wear one but it's mostly due to hair and sweat control. I have the mow balaclava and it serves its purpose well. I wore it in 80 degree + weather with humidity earlier this month and it didn't cause any extra discomfort.

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet is really open at the bottom, so it's really easy for people to look up (unlike a TK helmet). While not a requirement in the CRL, I would suggest wearing a basic light grey balaclava to extend the neck seal and hide the chin. You can get half masks, but I think if you get the proper lightweight material, a full summer balaclava should still be fine.

41fGph7jpWL.jpg

Quick-Drying-Summer-Cycling-Motorcycle-Balaclava-Headwear-Paintball-Hood-Ski-Neck-Protecting-Out.jpg

I don't have one and hadn't planned on getting one until recently when I put on my Fett, took some pictures, and was able to see my chin in a couple shots. I'll end up getting the full summer baclava, and depending on the troop I still may or may not wear it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back