FINISHED? Malone Fett ESB conversion and paint up!

Im not sure if im in the right place to ask this question but I do know yall are the right people to ask Ive looked and looked on the other threads about the paint colors for the ESB helmet and Ive gotten every color I need except the mint green for the back panels can someone please tell me what Humbrol color to use or at least get me in the right area because trying to match by pics is hard when your colorblind.Thank you and sorry again if im in the wrong place

Im not sure if im in the right place to ask this question but I do know yall are the right people to ask Ive looked and looked on the other threads about the paint colors for the ESB helmet and Ive gotten every color I need except the mint green for the back panels can someone please tell me what Humbrol color to use or at least get me in the right area because trying to match by pics is hard when your colorblind.Thank you and sorry again if im in the wrong place

Probably the most popular humbrol mix for back panel green is Green 76 & Blue 96 mixed 1:1. Not sure if that is exactly what TF is going to do here. I still keep one of his old threads handy where he uses this.

Finally sketched on all the silver damage omitting the post ESB filming damage, I think I found most of it. Any silver damage thinner than 1mm I will add later by scratching through the paint layers to silver, quite a few areas will need this. Airbrushed the grey on the dome first...

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

Silver damage masked on mandibles, trim and upper and lower cheeks and grey airbrushed! Its all matching up really well, I have removed certain details that appear on the helmet today that were not present during the ESB filming. A few bits of silver still need to disappear and a few areas of grey detail will be added within certain silver areas when I come to do the super detailing...

fullsizeoutput_1d9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1db.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d8.jpeg

Wikipedia states:
Historians agree that Leonardo commenced the painting of Mona Lisa in 1503, working on it for approximately four years and keeping it himself for some years after.

In my humble opinion -Fett is the 'Mona Lisa' of Star Wars paintwork, and G-Starr is one of the renaissance masters. Master pieces will naturally take time.
As the future owner , I'm blown away with the accuracy, detail & passion that Garrett has given to my lid at the same time that he's fully committed with other stuff, life etc. If it wasn't for the pp2 heritage underneath it could be taken as a forgery of the real helmet

i can understand why Leonardo wanted to keep his Mona Lisa, lucky for me Garrett is a stellar guy!

I've got some great pics of the home that awaits it, will post up for you guys... if only I can figure out how to post pics ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint is finally on upper and lower cheeks. The green is a slightly grey/ blue mix update to my usual colour straight from the tin. I am also departing from my usual fully layered technique on this paint up and am tweaking certain areas topically, this is mostly on the silver layer to sharpen some details that can look too soft if left alone after the liquid mask is removed... apologies for poor photos from my phone as the
Upper: Lower Cheeks L:H.JPG
Upper: Lower Cheeks R:H.JPG
camera batteries failed...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back