making good use of the things that i find

bobawomble

Jr Hunter
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
This is my first attempt at anything like this, lots of swearing lots of paint and a new hobby thats turning into a mid life crisis !
Still at 45 I never wanted leather pants or a harley davidson anyway !

First attempt looks good so far, that looks like a hasbro conversion bucket and scratch built armour, so yeah man great first go, keep it up.... and it’s cheaper than a Harley :lol:

many thanks and oh dear, I thought I got away with the conversion ! but its completely now not a child's toy anymore and painted to 100% as I can get it, till I decide to look for a nice new one, but I miss the cheesy voice and sound effects:( And yes it is indeed a scratch build all done from templates foamex boarding and lots of painstaking recoats of paints and masking fluids and hot gun battle scars, both me and the armour.

my practice paint job on a Hasbro bucket till new helmet is ready to paint up, making good us of the things folk leave behind even if they are a pile of banta fodder o_O
image1.JPG image2 (2).JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image1 (2).JPG

Thank you kindly.
Moving again slowly forward.
My gutter pipe (Who cares whether the roof is now leaking or not?;)) gauntlets, made from scratch using old gutter pipe a dremmel, contact adhesive, a piano hinge and lots of swearing! I must express, PPE (personal Protective Equipment) must be used whilst doing all this, unless you want to sound like an asthmatic pitpony who looks like he's just walked through a plastic snow blizzard, it's safety first!
Again making good use of things that I've found!
But the wife is going to go nuts o_O
image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG

Last edited:
I'm now consumed by all this o_O
but I am now trying to slow it down as while building all this,
this is what happened !
My cod piece went wonky, my chest plates where not straight,
my range finders lights always came on too late,
as for my soft parts I really should not mention,
bits of me started to turn blue with all the almighty tension,
now after building this so called work of art I really should of been smiling instead of wearing and deep frown,
as what with all of my rushing I realised while wearing all this armour I would never again be able to sit down !.o_O

My old washed bed sheet and mattress topper for foam backing, flak vest, which a good friend (who was a tailor in her working career), did all the sewing on this.
I need to mention that, as I was always taught never to take the gratitude for others good work or the blame for there bad work ether!
So I am not only making good use of the things that I find, I'm also making use of my good friends that I've found too o_O
image1 (3).JPG
P,S The girth belt and cod piece are still not finished but I wanted to add them for aesthetics'

Last edited:
Just cant keep out of the workshop and every time I'm in there I get bitten by the building bug !
here's a quick chest armour build made from a old signboard a Dremel and heat gun for battle scarring and then a dash of paint !
20180522_103627339_iOS.jpg 20180522_103647281_iOS.jpg 20180524_154000936_iOS.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back