Lynn TXP 0369 Mandalorian protector (WIP)

All ready for my first outing this Saturday night.
ork9w6F.jpg

wCgbdx3.jpg

8tObxg0.jpg

3gT3Qmw.jpg

Jet pack and boot spikes should be here in the next few weeks.
Lynn

Here it is, my custom MOW jet pack. Jango arena fuselage with classic pack parts.
JzWZOqN.jpg

5p4T0t5.jpg

Here are the only visible "defects" that I can see from the mold degradation of the arena pack MOW mentions in his add.
wZRBq6z.jpg

6Lo8J5x.jpg

Too be honest, I may not even bother filling them in, why bother? It is not bad, no pin holes and no one will notice when the paint is on and it adds "age" to the jet pack.
Pour holes in the back will need to be taken care of.
DW2zzsT.jpg

A little surface texture needs to be sanded down and some red glaze putty will make fast work of this.
bDr8fn4.jpg

X3KlV2l.jpg

Overall I think this in an awesome pack and is a far step ahead of my old Richies Armor fiberglass jet pack that I had BITD.
I got my attachments done for the rocket and thrusters.
1/2" threaded rod and accompanying hard ware for rocket.
KMQKwws.jpg

tkjhafH.jpg

The thrusters got 1" PVC pipe spacers, 1 1/4" washers and 5/16th hardware all pressure fit only and holds tight. The thrusters can move if needed.
HgJXaBc.jpg

Rocket and thrusters are complete.
lARci9O.jpg

hikUVmL.jpg

A little homage to the comics for those you who are wondering why I went with a purple rocket and is in keeping with my Mandalorian protector theme.
eJOBVj6.jpg

Lynn

Jet pack sanded down, red spot glaze puttied, first color put down, all holes drilled for appropriate greeblies and harness attachment.
I got a '65 Mustang seat belt that I will be using for the lower harness point.
I got Shape ways piano keys for the Jet pack since they are missing on the Jango packs, they look pretty good on the pack.
qJq9cm8.jpg

SAixjF1.jpg

lwhw2d7.jpg

r5SLSIu.jpg

I didn't like how the gloves looked in the pictures and they didn't feel right holding the blaster during the troop, so I got a pair of MOW gloves and I added the pre pro patches to them.
ppdFqBU.jpg

Shape ways toe spikes, Shoe gooed and screwed.. They came out pretty good, I placed them on the higher side of to help avoid toe scuffing.
mOkkN1w.jpg

7zxh8ko.jpg

New blaster base and a Shape Ways greeblie for the side. This will be looking like the Super trooper blaster.
iGbE8vW.jpg

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just about done with the jet pack. The light beacon is lite and I'm waiting on some more final details to arrive in mail.
TqdnYO5.jpg

V7lH4Gr.jpg

Still figuring out on how I want to attach it to the harness.
Lynn

My fans are installed. I got the set up from a guy on the TDH. It is really good stuff.
QTvdBMR.jpg

I fogged up the lens intentionally and turned the fans on and they cleared right off.
They work really well and turn the air around in the helmet so it isn't stagnant and hot.
I really needed this when I was at the hockey game a few weeks ago.
Lynn

Thanks!!
The jet pack is finally detailed and done.
Hbb8Q46.jpg

I got the lower JP harness belt on.
BDju1qY.jpg

Since we are restoring a '65 Mustang and I just got done working on the interior in the fall, I felt the '65 Mustang seat belts looked really fitting for the pack so I got another one and used it for the lower attachment. It is simple quick click belt that works great

Since my upper harness attachment idea failed miserably I got new accurate ones coming for it that will be 10 yo boy friendly to attach.
Lynn

Having since finished this and becoming the first official Mandalorian Protector to be in the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club brigade section last year, I'm finding like most here working on and wearing Boba Fett it is never truly done.
I finally fixed my girth belt fitment issues that plagued my suit for a bit now. I also got my last bit of RKD armor done that I had kicking around for almost a year now. I finally got my new RKD back plate and RKD kidney plate done, fitted, and painted.

My last troop in my MP gear on Oct 1. My girth belt was all over the place and drooping down and not staying up and I was missing my much needed kidney plate as it gave the back more detail and finished look.
vkAmc7j.jpg

fNvjtfX.jpg

Girth belt will now be secured and stay put, and kidney plate is done.
XHrhYbD.jpg

lz8dTkB.jpg

kZf1IiT.jpg

leq6eQl.jpg

mYp1IsX.jpg

zPfvH9H.jpg

D8d8b4e.jpg

D6Ojcci.jpg

bWbrgxN.jpg

BsqMG12.jpg

Lynn

I did a few more mods to my Mandalorian Protector to make a better overall appearance and look.
I re detailed my Supertrooper blaster a bit with some custom greeblies and modded the UZI a bit more to make it look like the real prop but yet still different.
wESmQKY.jpg

CeqIcRM.jpg

I added another custom made Wookie braid. I fixed up my main belt some more that needed to be addressed. I got the white span section fixed to brown so it wasn't so obvious white, added real leather straps for the belt ties instead of white shoe laces. I dyed the pouches tan to offset the jumpsuit.
KV2vdGe.jpg

1KjJnyS.jpg

Lynn

I got my collar studs painted finally. I also took some time last night and had the kids help me with refitting my Jet Pack and getting it to sit higher, No more droopy jet pack. I hope.
15W0CAT.jpg

Y8zUPIg.jpg

IHvzYTB.jpg

f7yxm23.jpg

FJYxr7a.jpg

3F03CyE.jpg

I hope this encouraging others to get theirs done.
More to come....

Lynn

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back