Lonestar Vest Alteration

JangoFred

New Hunter
Anyone have any pros or cons to removing the inner lining from one of Lonestar's flak vests? The thought has crossed my mind and just looking for some opinions.

I removed the inner lining from the shoulder pieces of my Loanstar vest. It helped them to lay down more and not stick out like wings.

I've got a lined vest that I would like to remove the lining on. Would the lining act as an insulator to keep you from getting as hot in it, or does it add to
just making you hotter when you wear it? I also need some ideas on the best way to close it up. Currently it has Velcro on the left side, that's starting to come loose.
It needs some repair. Is there a better way than Velcro? My vest also has Velcro on the shoulders, is that common?

Velcro in the shoulders is common for a Loanstar vest as he does not sew the shoulders to the vest torso. The wearer is responsible for attaching the shoulders themselves.

The vest lining will probably make you more hot than insulating you from heat.

In addition to the Velcro on my LS vest I plan on having sewn on some metal hook & eye fasteners in specific places to help close and keep closed the side and up by the neck.

Thanks for the info. I would like to find out more about the hook & eye fasteners. It sounds like the best way to go.....

I've got a lined vest that I would like to remove the lining on. Would the lining act as an insulator to keep you from getting as hot in it, or does it add to
just making you hotter when you wear it? I also need some ideas on the best way to close it up. Currently it has Velcro on the left side, that's starting to come loose.
It needs some repair. Is there a better way than Velcro? My vest also has Velcro on the shoulders, is that common?
I'm going to extend velcro further into the interior of the shoulder for structural closing... then the shoulder seam velcro will essentially just be for CRL purposes

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back