Lighty2627’s Jango WIP

Lighty2627

New Hunter
Hi, I started on my build research nearly two years ago and started buying some items here and there but haven’t been too seriuos about it. Now I am fully motivated, have gathered more supplies and wanted to start a build thread. My main purpose of this is to get as many eyes on it as possible. I would love to attain to Infamous status, so even though I may not like it, please don’t hold back criticism.

Here is my list of current supplies:

Flightsuit from LSFU from sale on TDH

Gloves from sale on TDH

Girth belt from sale on TDH

Ammo belt from sale on TDH

Holster rig from Delta13

Rubies Westars

Neck, chest, shoulder, back, cod, thigh, and shin armor from Cruzer

Arena jetpack from FettSeven

Paint colors for helmet

Rub n Buff for silver and acrylic paint for weathering

Still to buy:

Dented helmet (trying to decide Animefan or Cruzer)

Vest from Bobamaker

Gauntlets, knees, and boot armor from Cruzer

Metal parts from Darkside

Boots from Crow

Gauntlet light from Crumdum

RF servo kit from ??

Paint for JP

Some armor weathering pics...

0ZahQ5j.jpg

Just RnB and no weathering

4vI1Ogs.jpg

The acrylic paint I used for weathering

Ucia6pa.jpg

C9utL1e.jpg

VvCasgR.jpg

What do you think of the weathering so far? I feel like I need to add more...

• Holster Attachment
(Most of the techniques used here are based on build threads provided by Mulreel and Cruzer.)

So I got my holsters from Delta13 and while they are nice, I did have to make some changes to be more screen accurate. I had to reconstruct the small leather piece that attaches to the cod that holds the holsters. It had stitching and was too long. It also didn’t have d-rings. So I went to Tandy Leather and picked up Antique Brass ones. I forgot to take the before photos, but here is the after.

jgFaTC2.jpg

7R2a4mv.jpg

It’s held together with a simple Chicago screw because it will be screwed into the cod piece. Like so...

MJsdcer.jpg

You can see my horizontal pencil mark where the bottom of the strap is supposed to be. Obviously, this is before the silver RnB or weathering.

x8MBe2s.jpg

This piece attaches to the cod and also to the belt that will go around my waste underneath the girth belt. I have added a snap where the girth belt will attach.

SicQaQV.jpg

sxD2XHk.jpg

This is the new holster before weathering. If you look carefully, you can see the shiny new button studs that came with them. I also changed them out with Antique Brass to be more screen accurate and they can be seen better one picture up.

vV7AwvP.jpg

I weathered them up real good with sandpaper to get that worn-in look. Straps have also been sized at this point.

C7TyjBm.jpg

Tell me what you think of the build so far. I welcome feedback.

Back to the belt...I needed to figure out how to make the small armor piece that goes on the cod and covers up where the leather holsters connect. I started with a sticky note and cut it down to size and shape as a template.

o0VrYZB.jpg

kyRyemt.jpg

Then I used the template to make the piece out of ABS, then used RnB, and then weathered it.

IQwhAfh.jpg

Last edited:
I also bought locking jewelry pins and epoxy’d to the backside of the armor to attach to the vest, when I get one ordered from Bobamaker...

GCmIgib.jpg

xioauIR.jpg

iWw9hGH.jpg

Been a while since I’ve posted. Since then, I have bought and received a Bobamaker Jango vest and ordered Cruzer gauntlets, knees and foot armor. Still need to order boots and work on jet pack. Slow progress...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back