Knee armor and ROTJ gauntlet build thread

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
I got new armor in, so here is another thread. I posted this here so other Fett builders can have the help in the future.
WastedFett knee armor, same maker as my FPH2 helmet
iAVwVGy.jpg

Man of War studios ROTJ gauntlets.
aYqqtrY.jpg

Stay tuned for build..
Lynn

Drilled holes for knees while still untrimmed to give it a more stable platform to drill holes with hole saw.
vRNdYOK.jpg

UtrGEdB.jpg

Fiber glassed in the the weak area of the knee and poured in resin around the cast block dart holder while the knee was untrimmed. I trimmed the knee after the resin all dried.
dLz0z5p.jpg

4Qmab9B.jpg

CF9U3f8.jpg

Lynn

Knee armor done, I just gotta clear it and add the straps. I repainted the shoulder armor to match the paint style of the knees. I decided to add the pre pro style sigil to my shoulder armor for the Mandalorian homage.
5FrTFlw.jpg

Old knees compared to new ones.
Pl5xg9R.jpg

Lynn

Started the gauntlets. I got the hinges installed and the bottoms fiberglassed.

Being a custom Mandalorian I can take a little bit of leeway to the suit as far as build. I decided to rivet the hinges to the gauntlets them selves. Now a Boba Fett could possibly do the same by countersinking the rivets and Bondoing over them and hiding them.
Holes drilled for hinges.
5dYNqXb.jpg

Riveted bottoms.
MTkA01v.jpg

Nj2cQca.jpg

Inside. I did have to use 1/4" rivets on some holes.
AkWgVJm.jpg

Done.
AOSRpAv.jpg

b35tTPW.jpg

Bottoms fiber glassed. I didn't feel the need to fiberglass the tops, but I did feel the need to fiberglass the bottoms as they were so deep and had a good wide span to them.
k5lzkI7.jpg

DABmEtq.jpg

6nVJcne.jpg

Lynn

Gauntlet closer's done. I used 3/4" rare earth magnets and epoxied them to the gauntlet shells and then I put Ave's Apoxie sculpt over them to make sure they won't ever pull off. These hold the shells together strong. I only had enough magnets to do one side on the left shell, but it is holding together strong. I may get more magnets just to make sure it doesn't bounce open, though I doubt it will now.
pml48IM.jpg

kca2J96.jpg

wOgKQ1O.jpg

Right shell is almost done. I gotta start to drill holes for greeblies.
zMrp5Sq.jpg

XUIFjTs.jpg

Lynn

Greeblie's added to left gauntlet.
Hbv3l1x.jpg

Flamethrower holes drilled for mounting to gauntlet, switches, and wires.
sDhUsuk.jpg

Z7WW2Ap.jpg

yTqju5w.jpg

Magnets attached for easy bottom removal of flame thrower plate for easy access if I put electronics in there.
SEtFxR2.jpg

SJfMbVo.jpg

QEUC5eh.jpg

Lynn

Thanks!! For the little ones, I'm using 8mm x 3mm Super Magnets that I got from my local True Value store. I'm not sure what size the big ones are, but I had to special order those through the store.
Lynn.

Gauntlets are slowly getting here. The new hose is bigger and stiffer then the old hose and is causing problems of the gauntlet opening up when under pressure. So I got to add some Velcro to help keep them closed. I also made a new hose restraint system under the sleeve to help hold hoses in place and it works good so far under tests.
xfYkbFn.jpg

GOg8qJC.jpg

I got metal darts from Shapeways coming this week. I hope to add two LEDS to the right gauntlet as well.
Lynn

Lynn, have you tried to heat up the hose with hot water or hair dryer to soften it up some and make it more pliable? I soaked mine in hot water and it helped quite a bit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back