Jango's Poncho

Sorry for dragging this out of the back, but... Did anyone ever do one of these?
I was thinking it might be a neat little touch.

If someone want to do it, IMO it looks a kind of Tweed.

Here is a pic on which you can see a close up, and some others to compare to the real poncho. Not the same colors, but the texture looks really close, but it's just my opninion.

Sin título-3.jpg

I hadn't seen this thread on my first pass. I hadn't even known about this cut scene, and it's interesting to see that there were two Jango ponchos. This one is the one that was evidently settled upon for filming, but there was also one that was in costume tests that I like better. I only have one picture of it on my computer, and the web site it was on seems to be defunct. I never got an answer from the site owner when I asked about a clearer version, and the last time I was there, it didn't seem to exist at all. But anyway, something else to toss into the mix...

rightmain.jpg

--Jonah

I was thinking of doing one too..but i might be using a diff material...something more silky but a bit close to boba's cape condition...with holes and marks...

anyway the pic...

misc_jango11.jpg

hmm , how is that put on tucked in or what? anyone have any ideas?

wow, i didnt even realize this "actually existed" but, if it ended up on the cutting room floor, i guess it technically didn't. i've seen the deleted scenes and never noticed it. guess i'll have to rewatch it. the only place i'd ever seen the poncho was on the tac jango fett action figure.

I just bought some linen that looks to be the right color and texture... if you want the link, I can post it for you.

Thanks,
Tony

hahaha, I should have learned by now to just post the info, lol.

I found that when looking for this fabric, it is much like the flightsuit debacle... must be dark blue enough, but not too blue, less saturated, kind of greyish/dark blue also with a hint of purple.

https://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=35b9b414-bbe3-4e76-a2e9-1b7688fc018a

The link is what I found and will be using, with the raggy looking cotton (as I posted above) as backing material.

cant wait to see it
hahaha, I should have learned by now to just post the info, lol.

I found that when looking for this fabric, it is much like the flightsuit debacle... must be dark blue enough, but not too blue, less saturated, kind of greyish/dark blue also with a hint of purple.

https://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=35b9b414-bbe3-4e76-a2e9-1b7688fc018a

The link is what I found and will be using, with the raggy looking cotton (as I posted above) as backing material.

Great material. Based off the pictures alone, it's easy to see the cloth is loosely but securely woven for a thick cross-stitch. Perfect for the poncho, though, I'm concerned with the thought that it might be punctured or pulled apart too easily. Also, do you think you'll have any trouble dying the cloth?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back