Jango helmet / armor WIP

Some updates. Finally finished the girth built and ammo belt. The one I purchased from MP Filmcraft was far from screen accurate so beware. I probably should have asked more questions before I bought it. His product is solid, no knock on that. Lessons learned, not all is lost, all it did was give me a base to recreate and make my own stuff. First time I started using leather and it was pretty easy. Just takes patience and glad Tandy is a mile from the house.

IMG_9575.JPG IMG_9639.JPG FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my jet pack, painted and weathered. Satin clear coated also to prevent that rub n buff to continue rubbing off and getting on everything. I should have invested in a cold cast version.

***Update*** I am not knocking Rub n Buff... IMHO out of all the other products available, I'd say it's the next best thing to getting a cold cast version which would cost you more. Rub n Buff also takes time and patience, and a little bit of muscle. If you rub it in there good, it should stay but can also get a little too shiny to my liking, so some weathering adds the extra touch.

IMG_9665.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:
Currently working on the Westar holsters which I'm redoing as well. Since again, the one I purchased from MP Filmcraft was a little too dark to my liking. It was stitched all the way around the edges also. All reference photos I've seen were between light to medium brown and showed no stitches traveling the entire border. If you're looking at the photo, my Westar is wrapped in saran wrap to protect it from the water and dampness of the leather.

IMG_9664.JPG

Update on the boots. Installed the button snaps into the boot. Snaps aren't glued, they are hammered in permanently. I used an epoxy plastic bonder to glue the garter underneath the boot armor. We all know that garter loosens over time. I actually made the mistake of making a garter strip too long and had to pull it apart and readjust and glue it again, which wasn't too difficult.

IMG_9693.JPG.jpeg IMG_9694.JPG.jpeg IMG_9695.JPG.jpeg

Amazing!!!!

Thank you mmarley

By they way, I saw on another thread about sharing your pics of your vest. Would you mind sharing yours with me? I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my build. I got the leather sheet just over a month ago and will be sewing mine soon. Trying to get as many reference pictures as possible. Inside and out.

So I spent my entire Labor Day weekend working on my vest (short trip to Long Beach Comic Con on Saturday). The unfortunate part is after I finished sewing it and adding the button tabs like Cruzer's, I started looking at reference pics again from the Celebration displays and it looks like I stitched it incorrectly. The screen accurate vest does not show stitches along the edge. Luckily I had a huge sheet of that dark grey/blue leather from Tandy and was able to make another one. Of course second time was a lot easier since I already knew what I needed to do. I also added velcro on the collar opening since it was a b**ch trying to squeeze my head in and out. All in all, I'm extremely satisfied. I'll probably use the first vest for scraps and make a harness like the one SEEKER invented.

IMG_9933.JPG.jpeg IMG_9937.JPG.jpeg IMG_9934.JPG.jpeg IMG_9935.JPG.jpeg IMG_9936.JPG.jpeg

Haven't updated in a while but got my suit practically done. Just waiting on some darts from Darkside. Here are more reference pics on how I was able to add that middle bead on the shoulder sleeve.

IMG_0330.jpeg IMG_0331.jpeg IMG_0332.jpeg IMG_0328.jpeg IMG_0329.jpeg IMG_0334.jpeg IMG_0336.jpeg IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0327 2.jpeg

Henry's helmet fans are awesome. I bought some other ones on eBay that didn't work out so well. Luckily I ran into Henry at Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con and tried on a couple buckets he had on display. His kits come in pairs, the two fans really displace the air perfectly.

IMG_0705.jpeg

Here's my progress. I think I need to tighten up the suit on the legs, it doesn't feel comfortable with the suit bunching up. Maybe slightly lower the jetpack also. But overall, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

This has been quite the journey and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to everyone who gave me input.

2A7A1090.jpg 3 Pose Left.jpg 5 Pose Right.jpg 7 Pose Back.jpg Misc 2.jpg

This is awesome! Im just starting my Jango, I got the Boots,Guns,and Im making the Flak Vest. How long did yours take, If I may?

Because I took too long, the vest took in total about 10 days... but spread to about 2 months because I messed up the first time. Second time, I did the seams wrong and didn't put a beed around the trim, the stitches were showing, and they shouldn't. The third time was perfect... It took another couple days to add all the buttons for the armor. Really look at Seeker's build, he did us a favor. I even built my harness under my vest based off of his design.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back