Jango helmet / armor WIP

bboyfett

Hunter
Thanks to Cruzer for this piece of art. I painted it myself. Just need to add some pinstripes and weathering and it should be good to go. Have to glue down the visor inside also and add helmet padding.

IMG_8713.JPG

I got all my armor from Cruzer. Dude is a beast, I'm sure it's already been said.

IMG_8583.JPG

Still waiting on my arena pack to show up, and have to deal with some mis-measurements on the girth belt. My forearms are like Popeye's so I gotta fix my gauntlets as well. Other than that the entire WIP is coming along nicely. Hope to see some of y'all at SDCC this week!

Will definitely post some pics once its complete. And yes, I've been on the hunt for those Westars for about a year when this pair finally showed up on eBay for a reasonable price

Those are two good scores. That color leather is tough to come by most of the time.

Mullreel, how far down does your vest go? I've got an old motorcycle vest I used to wear during my riding days that I'm going to use for measurement purposes... but scouring through all the posts in here... I haven't seen anyone with their vest on without their girth belt and ammo pouches. Just want to make sure I make it long enough if it were the case.

Got a 25yard spool of leather bolo for about $75. I have to redo my girth belt and wanted that dark brown look.

Making your own leather parts is definitely a lot cheaper if you have the time, patience, and some skill. I found this out the hard way after spending some time at my local Tandy store chit chatting with the workers. If I had known, I would have made my holster and ammo pouches also. Oh well, at least I have a base to work with if I decide to help a few individuals out in the future.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 9.03.38 AM.png778566c0e167a3e7e6bf8b35670e1fed.jpeg

The leather vest comes down to just above the waist. The big key is it needs to come far enough under the girth belt that is will not pull out the top when you start moving around. Mine comes down just between the navel and the belt line.

The leather vest comes down to just above the waist. The big key is it needs to come far enough under the girth belt that is will not pull out the top when you start moving around. Mine comes down just between the navel and the belt line.

Thanks brother. Will definitely make sure it goes far enough.

Finally finished and weathered my gauntlets. This took a while since I basically had to find a way to make it bigger. I ended up buying a sheet of ABS and molded it myself. Cost me about $30 rather than $200+ for someone to repair my cold cast pieces. A little bit of rub'n'buff, some weathering, and boom! Gotta order the darts now. Any recommendations?

*Note if you don't have a steady enough hand or comfortable using a dremel and drilling holes into your $$$ gauntlets, I would think twice. This isn't as easy as it looks. Takes patience, time, and some building skill.

IMG_9482-1.JPG

Progress on the stubby pack. Still need to do the silver then add some weathering to hide any imperfections. This is definitely going to be easier than the Kamino pack. I only chose this one version first since it's probably going to be the easiest to troop with. Definitely will get the Kamino pack to round out the set.

IMG_9512.JPG

Mullreel how did you apply the silver on your arena pack? Rattle can, hand brush it, or rub n buff? The rub n buff is kinda messy and even if I tape the other areas off, there's a potential that I didn't rub out most of it and end up putting fingerprints onto the dark blue areas.

On the pack I currently wear it is all cold cast fiberglass so I didn't have to use R+B. On my previous pack I applied the R+B by hand and just made sure to have enough heat build up to smooth it out as best I could. Then I polished it with a shining rag before I removed any tape. It is a bit messy but if you take your time it isn't too bad. When you tape off the blue areas put paper down over everything and tape so you won't have the finger print issue, then when you are done you can touch up and last but not least use weathering to your advantage to hide any problem areas.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back