Is my Don Post Deluxe #48 a "real" Don Post?

chris2fett

New Hunter
Not trying to "bum" a free link to my own active auction, but I figured this could best be answered in the forum's Helmet section.

I have been asked by an ebay member to post photos of my #48 Don Post fiberglass deluxe Fett helmet to the forum(s) for confirmation that it is indeed a true DP Fett Deluxe, and not a "knock-off" as he feels that it is. I know that they are are comparing my helmet to online pics of the PropStore's Fett DP #2 (which had a wildly different paint scheme, and lights in the range finder).

As I am at work and don't have ready access to the original photos, I am linking my auction below, which has several photos.

Licensed Boba Fett fiberglass deluxe helmet Don Post 1996 LOW NUMBER | eBay

Of note, I am not the original owner, but I have had the helmet for over 10 years. No COA or box.
I have NOT modified the helmet.
The ear pieces are metal, as is the rangefinder stalk.
The internal brass plaque (see photo) reads #48.
The visor is mounted flush with the red mandible trim.
The T-visor cut out is much smaller than the visor.
The helmet is padded / lined.
The helmet "damage" is actually scraped into the mold itself.

This thing is heavy, and I have always considered it legit. I would appreciate any input as to otherwise.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's a legit Don Post, no questions about it! Especially showing pictures of the plaque. The early helmets have much better paint jobs (like yours for an example) than the later ones that were released.

It's a nice helmet. I think you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get the BIN price or even the starting bidding price.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back