INTEREST: Copper Head Gauntlet Rockets

ConvergenceProp

Active Hunter
I'm nearing a stage with my ESB Boba build that I'm going to be needing to machine the necessary metal components for the gauntlets; one of the chief pieces being the gauntlet rocket. Being that I'm overly OCD about accuracy, and after many hours spent comparing different materials to reference photos, I've settled on copper as the material that was used for the original rocket heads. I'm still comparing a couple of final alloys for machinability, hardness and overall durability but I'll likely be ordering materials in the next month of so.

That said, I'm in a position where I'll have to order more stock than I require for just myself, so I'm considering doing a limited run of these based on interest. Going off the Copper stock lengths I'm able to order, the minimum amount of stock I'd need to order would yield a small run of about 6 or 7 extra rockets, but if interest were high enough, I could possibly do as many as 20 or so.
Rough price estimate would be somewhere around $180-200 per rocket. I'll know more once tooling and machining time are calculated.

The rockets have been designed to be three pieces. Front tip (aluminum), Rocket head (copper), and body (aluminum) which will thread into each other. Here's a few photos of the material comparison and my model assembly of the rocket
Feel free to voice your interest here. I'll post more updates as I'm able
rsz_img_4629 (1).jpg

Gauntlet Rocket1.jpg

Gauntlet Rocket2.jpg

Projects definitely still a go cause I need to make one for my own build. Just been bogged down with finals and doing minor tweaks and double checks to the rocket design. Hoping to order some copper stock after Christmas/new years, and its looking like this is gonna be a small run of 6 or so

I suppose that might be possible.. but Ive honestly no idea if the heads will even match up close with anyone else’s rocket bodies (assuming your plan would be to replace just that part) since these are being done with numbers I scaled using other found parts and various images. That and the screws to put them together with will likely be different than what others use. So ideally one would probably want both the head and body together if they order one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back