I'm just here to paint a helmet and chew gum.....

Dood75

New Hunter
Hello all long time lurker of the shadows. Thought i'd start posting things as i'm about to begin painting up my RS Prop Masters helmet which i'm going to paint as the ESB version. Just to look at as a cool ornament.
I've had it for around three years but have only just plucked up the courage to start painting it.
I'm from Telford Shropshire in the UK. I've been painting, drawing and model making since the age of five.
Long time OT fan not so struck on the new stuff. Loved Boba the first second i saw him back in '80. I've wanted a fully painted helmet for as long as i can remember.
Looking at all the paint ups and threads on here i'm in total awe of you all.
Hopefully i can pick up hints, tips and tricks to make mine half as good.
Thanks for letting me in to this crazy awesome place.

Good luck my friend! I started a few weeks ago with almost no knowledge whatsoever. My biggest resources have been the welshwarrior video series on Youtube- I watched every single video before I even bought my airbrush. Then of course all of the paint up threads on here. There are a few that are almost like required reading, particularly the stencil threads by Rafal Fett and the paint by numbers thread that really breaks those stencils down into what color is what.

There are a lot of opinions of what layer is exactly what color, so don't get too bogged down in the details there. You can check out my helmet paint-up thread, I'm going through every single step so that someone who's never seen any of this nonsense before can easily follow what I'm doing and why. I've linked all of my resources as well, and included what tools I've had to get.

Again, best of luck, can't wait to see your progress!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back