Girth Belt HOW TO Accurately Strap and Secure the ESB Girth Belt

jbdubz

Active Hunter
I've never seen this drawn out specifically and now having recently added it to the Infamous CRL requirements for ESB Fett, figured no better time than now than to outline the proper method of securing the ESB girth belt...
1jNSifL.jpg

What you will need...
1 real or synthetic Mohair horse girth belt in the proper ESB color
2 nylon straps, 1" width, roughly 12" long each longer is better, you can always cut away slack.

OK, here goes!

1. Permanently attach nylon straps to the outer bars of each of the right side buckles (sewing machine recommended).
vCNOSL4.jpg

2. Feed the strap up through the opposite buckle, between the middle bar and the prong.
PtHWkCp.jpg

uACF2W5.jpg

3. Secure the straps with the prongs. Holes are easily made and cauterized with a soldering iron.
jqBMPWi.jpg

4. Feed the slack down and through the prong bar and the girth belt.
uMF78UY.jpg

V0qcRzW.jpg

5. Feed the slack up and through the opposite buckle between the middle bar and the bar the straps are sewn to.
0aFAPA4.jpg

6. Secure slack with the prongs through holes made easily by a soldering iron.
x6EPRsz.jpg

7. Feed the slack through the prong bar and the girth belt to hide the left over strapping.
KGdYpf4.jpg

And Voila! Enjoy!
JsaoDDp.jpg

TJEzAVM.jpg

Nice. I would assume that you would never un buckle the birth belt just step into it and pull it up. Then put on the kidney and armor and slide it back over.

Nice. I would assume that you would never un buckle the birth belt just step into it and pull it up. Then put on the kidney and armor and slide it back over.

its possible though i would only say PP1 and PP2 were step in girth belts that utilized a white elastic to the side for PP1 and in the back for PP2...
upload_2019-2-11_15-6-11.png

full?d=0.jpg

I do not believe they were step ins for ESB ad ROTJ as the black webbing isn't stretchy like elastic is at all and could cause problems breaking knee darts and cod studs etc. It also fits much more snugly on screen than it did in the pre-pro suit ups. A good indication that they are tightened like a belt would normally be, to ensure they dont slip and sag as seen in both PP1 and PP2. Elastic isnt really an exact science either, punch holes are more effective to control the tightness/looseness of any belt. IMO...

its possible though i would only say PP1 and PP2 were step in girth belts that utilized a white elastic to the side for PP1 and in the back for PP2...
View attachment 172452
View attachment 172453

I do not believe they were step ins for ESB ad ROTJ as the black webbing isn't stretchy like elastic is at all and could cause problems breaking knee darts and cod studs etc. It also fits much more snugly on screen than it did in the pre-pro suit ups. A good indication that they are tightened like a belt would normally be, to ensure they dont slip and sag as seen in both PP1 and PP2. Elastic isnt really an exact science either, punch holes are more effective to control the tightness/looseness of any belt. IMO...
Thanks

Great job! I had to figure this out on my own and always wanted to use Visio to make a diagram to get the word out. This tutorial is MUCH better than what I would have done.

This is super informative and great info. But I’m not sure how I’m going to teach who ever I have help at different gigs that help me get stuff on how to do it. And even my wife that helps most of the time will definitely not do it right even if I teach her. And being the girly girl she is would probably complain about how dumb this method is lol. just say’n

maybe the pull up might be the easiest way for me , but that might not work for other body types. What other methods do people use?

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back