HiC boxes for sale

payment sent for a Box and the 2 Metal Greeblies. This is going to save me a lot of time and headache. Thanks for making these.

I am currently inereseted in purchasing one of your carbonite kits and I was wondering if you also have the instrument panels and lighting kits as well. Can you give me a quote for the kit and shipping without the Han Solo figure as I have that part. already. I am in Ajax Ontario Canada. I need to put my cost to my group for approval first

order form and pricing info is all here:. bit.ly/zenixHiC

Greeblies and box ship quickly. The panels come separately and take some time.

I don't offer lighting

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I am going to place an order. Just for everyone's information, Shapeways is running a Black Friday sale. Use discount code "SMALLBIZ" for 25% off of the Greeblies available through Shapeways. This is a great opportunity!

These boxes and greeblies are always available. I also have metal u-clips, screws, and grill.

I also often have side panels but those occasionally have a week or two wait period some they take a while to cast.

I finally got around to putting my box together. The design has been greatly improved as there is not as much filing and finishing as was originally required! What I don't understand is why you have been going towards L-brackets. I bought some and it seems like there are a bunch of disadvantages with L brackets... mainly, because they are installed from the inside, you have to punch a drill all the way through, install from the outside, and add nuts to the inside. Also, when all finished, I don't have a surface for the border pieces to lay on. Seems like the stacked 2"X3"'s is the best approach, unless you are suggesting to use both 2"X3"'s AND L-brackets?

The shop that's been cutting the cnc wood parts can't do the 2x3's, which were always hard to get the right angles to line up right anyway. L brackets seem easier to me. Feel free to do your own woodwork to use 2x3s instead but it's been this way for about 4 years actually and this is the first I'm hearing about a concern. I've built two recently and i just put some wood in the corners and screwed to that. I didn't bother getting the angles to line up; I just set the wood down far enough away from the front of han so I didn't get in my own way. I haven't done L brackets myself. I just saw others were doing it.

Only thing I noticed with the box is that with the stormrider Han I had several inches left at the bottom of my Han that I need to fill in once I cut out Han. Not sure what to use for that so it doesn't look like I filled it in. You can see the edge of my Han where I will cut it and where edge of the box is. Probably about 4-5 inches I need to fill in.

Other than that it's a great box.

20170908_124600.jpg

I wonder if stormrider's casts shrink a bit through the molding steps. Most people who build a full box don't use a full front from stormrider; they get the han parts (hands, body, face, toes) and sculpt the entire carbonite using bondo/resin/wood glue. I don't honestly know if I've seen a full front used for a fll hic build. folks buying full fronts usually just mount it to the wall as is, i believe.

I have a Stormrider full front. You do need to trim the edges in some parts and fill in the edges at other parts. It is not perfect, but what I like about it is that it gets the texture of the carbonite perfectly except for the parts you have to fill in.

Most people screw the rubber in at parts even with adhesive. You will have to fill in just to hide those screw heads. The favorite is to use bondo.

Bondo is a two part filler. You mix it in... a little bit at a time because it dries quickly and work it in with a putty knife. Lowes actually sells little rubber bondo knives to work in the bondo. you want to use a little more than necessary and after it dries, you will go back and sand it down to look how you want it. I see you also "filled in" the Han area with plywood. I used sandalwood, which is a bit lighter, but you are doing it right. You want Han to be as level with the top of the box as possible. I see a lot of people give up on layering up and it looks weird to have Han recessed into the box. If the plywood doesn't do the trick, an extra layer of bondo ought to raise Han up just right.

Also, I see a lot of people putting holes into the plywood under Han and filling him with Great Stuff foam. This will add support, but it could end up bloating Han up, so it is a little risky if you don't know what you are doing. I have worked with Great Stuff and I love it, but it often expands unpredictably.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response. I'm wondering also about using flex seal to get the texture? It's a rubber sealant you see on TV. Wondering how it would be to work with. A lot more expensive but would only use for filling the areas of Han in.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back