Helmet Kit (ROTJ)

GalaxyFarAway

New Hunter
Hello All, I am new to this project (challenge) and figure I start with the helmet. Which vendor(s) make a ROTJ version. I would need a quality kit that could be made to meet the standards/approval of the 501st.

Thank you. Bob

Also, as I educate myself on helmets ..... some people have mentioned that the FPF II is one of the larger helmets. Would it be too large (out of proportion) for someone that is 5’ 7” tall ?

Also, as I educate myself on helmets ..... some people have mentioned that the FPF II is one of the larger helmets. Would it be too large (out of proportion) for someone that is 5’ 7” tall ?

Not really, the armor would be more of a concern.

Wasted Fett makes 2 sizes of armor, for ESB at least. ESB Hero and ESB AE. His ROTJ armor does only come in the Hero size; However you can just add the dent in the left breastplate for ROTJ with a little heat for the smaller ESB size if you need to. rnbuda feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

This was an ESB AE kit from Wasted Fett that I converted to ROTJ (shoulders included). The owner requested the AE kit as he was a smaller framed individual similar to yourself in height/stature.

armor.jpg

The caveat is that you should be prepared to exercise some patience. I have been trying to get a helmet and armor from him for over 8 months and I am still waiting as of now.

I know I'm biased, but I just got a pretty beautiful (I'm biased... did I mention that?) helmet from Artakha, painted up ROTJ style. He also painted my jetpack, repainted the used armor that I bought in the cargo hold, and cast/painted my gauntlets as well. He's not at the top of the totem pole with name recognition of builders/painters that have been taking jobs for years here, but he does really nice work. :)

Hey Geeekdad, You are correct about Artkha ! He does some awesome work and is a very talented guy ! Anyone that can take a pile of cut out cardboard and turn into a beautiful piece of art
is at the top of the Talent Totem Pole !!

Wasted Fett makes 2 sizes of armor, for ESB at least. ESB Hero and ESB AE. His ROTJ armor does only come in the Hero size; However you can just add the dent in the left breastplate for ROTJ with a little heat for the smaller ESB size if you need to. rnbuda feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Correct. Hero armor is preferable for 5'9 and above BUT if you're that close I'd suggest getting lifts if you're looking to stay with ROTJ.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back