Hello there!

fettSolo75

New Hunter
Hi guys,. I'm new to the forum, the community, but an old time lover of star wars.
I'm looking to start on my first build. helmet wise i'm looking to do a paint job, not so much cast my own, so any tips on a good start helmet for a nobe,. would be appreciated.
myself i'm based in Sweden.

anyway.
good to meet you all!.
cheers!

Welcome! There are a lot of great helmet makers out there. Off the top of my head I can think of Wasted Fett, Darth Voorhees, Animefan, and ToEleven. I've also heard of GMH, but I'm honestly not sure who that is or how to contact them.

Good luck on your build. I started with the helmet. A lot of people advise otherwise since it's so complicated of a paint job, but I think that's crazy. Like getting your pilot's license and starting out flying RC airplanes... :lol:

GMH isn't a helmet builder. It's a type of helmet much like an FPH, FPH2, Sgt Fang, Don Post, etc. It stands for Grant McCune Helmet and has PP2 lineage.

Of the helmet builders you listed I think Anime Fan does GMH casts. From what I've read, GMH helmets are recommended for people with smaller heads.

It's been a while since I've read the Mercs approval requirements but you are only allowed to use a Boba Fett helmet if you are building a canon Boba Fett, otherwise you have to fill in the forehead dent (an undented Jango helmet is a good custom Mando helmet base to work with).

But if this is just something for you personally for fun then do whatever your heart desires!

Welcome FS75. As Evan mentioned, there are several helmet providers on the site. I've read that the GMH helmet runs a little smaller than the FPH2 (by Wasted Fett) helmet and some of the other helmets made. Artakha also makes a very nice helmet, I believe it is a V2. I started out with a FPH2 ROTJ from Wasted Fett. Several of the helmet providers also make armor too. When you get ready, you might want to do some research on the size armor you need. Some of the armor available comes in a larger size if needed for your build.
Anyway, Best of luck on your build. Take your time and enjoy the journey....

Fantastic!
yeah,. i don´t know if i care about the requirements to join the mercs etc, my plan is to do a han solo helmet, as if Han solo was wearing a mandalorian helmet. so either it will be based on the boba fett helmet, as if solo killed fett and took part of his armour/helmet and made it his own. alternative i'll do it without a backstory just as a cool concept basing it on a jango helmet. you can see my design so far,.

anyway,
thanks for the reply's
fettSolo.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back