Hello from Vancouver, Canada

gardensnome

New Hunter
Hi everyone. After being a lurker for the better part of year and absorbing a ton of info, I have finally decided to jump into trying to paint my own bucket. Originally I was going to commission one of the great painters here but seeing all the paint threads here has made me want to tackle this myself (despite that nagging thought in the back of my head that says "this won't end well").

Thanks all for the massive amounts of info, tutorials, templates, etc. here at TDH and thanks in advance for any questions that I may have in the future.

Regards,
gardensnome (Norman)

Hello Norman. I'm also from Vancouver. Good luck on your build. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any Vancouver-specific questions I can help with.

Good luck on your paint-up! It's definitely incredibly intimidating getting started, but once you break it down into steps it's much easier to swallow. After getting it all sanded and ready to actually paint, my process is something like: paint, stencil, mask. Paint, stencil, mask. Some masking sessions are harder than others, and some paint colors just absolutely suck to put down, but that's really the main chunk of it! Print out your stencils, get a good sheet of tracing paper, a bottle or 2 of masking fluid, and a nice gravity-fed airbrush. You'll be in business in no time!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back