Hello from Los Angeles

SexyNerdGirl

New Hunter
Hello fellow Star Wars Nerds. I’ve finally decided to make an account on here since I’ve been hearing so much hype about this place. Hoping to meet some cool people from here and if you could give me any advice on making things, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Hiya NerdGirl
(Can't call you sexy, somehow my wife would find out and throw me in a sarlaac pit).

Welcome to the party, these guys are great, and as a relative newbie to the forums myself, most all have been extremely helpful in pm's to help steer me in the right direction with my rotj WIP.

I've had a time or two where I was going to get someghing from someone, only to have another member send me a message that it was from a wrong boba fett suit.. "You can tell by that little scratch thete that it's painted for ESB, not ROTJ.." Stuff like that that a newbie like me wouldn't have noticed.

Top notch people, and the tutorials are amazing

Haha I actually pictured your wife really throwing you in a sarlaac pit :D ..thank you. Well I’m a noobie for sure when it comes to Boba Fett and I already have my eyes set on the ESB paint job for my helmet but I like the ROTJ gauntlets better. I need to find someone on here who could sell some gauntlets that are already assembled. I looked on Etsy but I’m not too sure about the seller. He’s located all the way in Bolivia...

are you looking to just get a cool fett suit together, or were you hoping to go the full blown trying to get everything 501st approved route?

One's alot more expensive

Keep an eye out in the cargo hold, alot of people have started selling ESB stuff the past couple of weeks.

And hi from LA too. We're up by six flags magic mountain up by the 5 and 126.

Well I kind of want to add my own little twist to it. I’m basically making a female version of Boba Fett. So it won’t be the whole flight suit. I was going to sew the pockets onto some pants..I was thinking scrubs? And I plan on wearing distressed dirtied up combat boots. I’m going for a desert combat look. Yeah, I think I’ll head over to the cargo hold and see what I can find. Damn, being Boba Fett is really expensive..

Welcome SNG !! You are correct, making a Boba is expensive. Especially if you want to make him as correct as possible.
Sounds like you're shooting mainly for a Mando Merc look...

Welcome SNG !! You are correct, making a Boba is expensive. Especially if you want to make him as correct as possible.
Sounds like you're shooting mainly for a Mando Merc look...
Nice to meet you, I’m actually going for the look in my avatar pic. So I’ll still be Boba Fett but..you get the idea. Haha.

Stay away from places like eBay and etsy. If you like the ESB helmet and the ROTJ gauntlets, sounds like you might be interested in the Special Edition version because it mixes those elements, as well as a few others.

Well of you are planning on making a costume more like your profile pic im not sure you would really have to worry about 501st approval so you would really be free to mix up different parts from either esb or rotj or even the prepro suits if you like

I'm looking forward to your build !! Be sure to post plenty of pics when you get going !!!
I will post pics for sure, especially once I’m wearing everything. I’m mostly excited about the helmet. I may have to eventually purchase one of those fans to put into it as soon as it’s all painted up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back