Han panel doesnt fit my box

Crnaherd

New Hunter
I got a full front panel from stormrider and a box from Zenix but the issue I have is the panel comes up short. This is a big issue because im.not sure if I should cut it and bring the feet down and fill in or just leave it and fill in bottom. And not even sure what to use to get the texture right.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20180503-103815_Chrome.jpg

Inner box should be 1875mm... if this helps... outer 2020mm plus 10mm for each beveled edge, making total outer edge 2040mm...
It maybe easier to drop the feet down, depending on your carpentry skills?

Last edited:
When did you buy this? Reason i ask is that I run SRs sales thread for the past year or so and have not sent you any payment details so wondering when and where it actually came from. The SR full HICs are actually made to fit the Zenix boxes, unless they have changed their dimensions.

I definitely bought from you and the full front is shorter than the box. I did have to trim the width, but it is several inches too short, meaning you have to fill it in.

We need some organization among sellers here. I can change my box dimensions but I think it's right. Maybe the mold shrinks? I personally use just Han pieces and not full front.

I ended up cutting it and dropping the feet down but haven't got far enough to fill it in yet. I'm still battling the crack situation. My seems at the bottom are still cracking some and it's driving me insane. I've put more screws in, finishing nails ,etc but if stressed a little it will crack the filler. Very frustrating.

Add a support piece of wood and screw to that. Predrill your holes.

If someone is planning to do a full Han, the should just get the parts, not a full front, so everything lines up. Full front of best for a had with no box, like a door mount it something.

I've supported that damn thing more than taxpayers supporting welfare. I've put screws and wood in all sorts of spots to support it. I've gotten the majority fixed. The bottom is the only pesky thing and that happened because of what I did today.

Finally have been able to get back on this project some more. I figured out the crack issue and seems to be good now. I've glued down Han and filled in gap with Flex seal that comes in the can. Pours and spreads easily and you can layer it to desired effect. Highly recommend. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

As far as colors go....I've tested a few out on the box and finally found that Krylon metallic brilliant aluminum to be the best and covers well. Looks like metal and not just like paint with metallic flake in it. Im gonna play with it some more so I can get it just right. I want it to look like a real chunk of Carbonite. Like reference pics show

i scratch built a box for my HIC, and it ended up that the panel was just about an inch or so smaller all around than the frame when i centered Han. so i ended up filling the void space with silicone caulk and "smoothed" it out with as best as i could before painting it. I notice it, but no one else ever has.

The close up of Hans head was my test for weathering and it turned out pretty much like I wanted. With some set backs I needed to paint over it all and fix a small crack and re-prime and sand some. The last pic of it farther away is the current pic. It's getting that metal look which I wanted. It will be a darker metal though. Stay tuned.

Well I'm back to square one with this project. Finally got some days to work on it. Set up my paint booth, prepped it all and started to paint and the paint started wrinkling on spots I used Gorilla glue. I used it to fill in some small cracks around the edges of the han and box and it said online can be spray painted. It's having a reaction between the glue and my spray paint. I don't know what to do and I'm at a loss. So disappointed and so frustrated beyond belief. I've had so many issues with this thing and don't have time to discuss it all.. I was finally ready to move forward and get it done. Then this. Please help

Attachments

• received_2297350903766311.jpeg
    received_2297350903766311.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 97
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back