Han In Carbonite - Finally done

Major

Active Hunter
After looking back, I started accumulating parts for this about 10 years ago. This was one of the first fan castings on the RPF. The face was cast from the real piece, everything else was a fan sculpt. As a result, the hands/feet were scaled way too big, and also in the wrong place. Cutting them off, resculpting them, was a learning process for sure....

I also managed to track down a number of found parts for it, the T-Bits on the Hero Panel, the knobs off the sweep arms, the camera part on the 2nd Hero Panel, and also the Hero Panel itself is from a real Volvo Dash (Thanks Andy). Both panels have working electronics and the base does light up.

I did my best to match the screen used prop in finish and weathering. DSCN2609.JPG DSCN2610.JPG DSCN2611.JPG DSCN2612.JPG DSCN2613.JPG DSCN2614.JPG DSCN2615.JPG DSCN2616.JPG DSCN2617.JPG DSCN2619.JPG DSCN2620.JPG DSCN2621.JPG

this is some good stuff right here. i should get around to finishing mine up some time.

It was Rustoleum Stainless Steel for the box, Metallic Matte Nickel, then I coated the box part with Gloss Coat.

I can't take credit for it, MonCal proposed the list a while back, minus the Gloss Coat.

Just completely out of curiosity... what is the genealogy of all of these HIC casts? I have one from Stormrider that is spot on. Are these fan sculpts or are any of these casts that are floating around based on the originals? Some people are incredibly talented and could sculpt something based on screenshots, but most of what I have seen is pretty spot on with most of the issues arising from the hard-to-cast parts (the hands... and specifically the right hand with the individual fingers). I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas.

The frame is MDF, made by Zenix. Top notch stuff.

The light is powered by a USB power adapter that plugs into an outlet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back