General gablesz WIP

Looks great I follow you on instagram too and seen this earlier let me know how you like the light kit I'm not sure but as far as I can tell the light in the beacon should be constant on I plan on just putting together a simple light for mine

For sure! I believe movie accuracy would be an always on light as far as I can tell. The shifting or blinking seems to be more for our own preference. Can't wait for it to come in. I'll upload some pics when it does.

Painted my boots last night. Was nervous because I didn't have an airbrush so I didn't know how doing it manually with a paintbrush was going to turn out but I think it went pretty well.

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

Decided today was a good day for weathering. Here's Some pics of before and afters. I used the soaking method on my vest with some flat black spray paint and flat tan spraypaint to darken it while giving it a sweat stain yellow as well. For the fine details I actually used grill charcoal soaked in water and scratched on concrete to release it almost like a paint. It soaked into the edges well I think.
BEFORE:

IMG_5674.JPG

Man, I keep coming back to the weathering job on your armor. It is one of the better ones I have seen. I would hit the upper inner part of the right breast plate (your right) with some grey paint to complete the weathering, but I think you captured it almost as well as JBDubz, who has the best armor paint job I have seen. The suit is really coming together! And you wear it well.

Man, I keep coming back to the weathering job on your armor. It is one of the better ones I have seen. I would hit the upper inner part of the right breast plate (your right) with some grey paint to complete the weathering, but I think you captured it almost as well as JBDubz, who has the best armor paint job I have seen. The suit is really coming together! And you wear it well.

I really apprecate the kind words! It means a ton coming from this community.

And that piece on the right plate is something I've already been in talks about fixing. More to come!

Once ToEleven starts my helmet I'll have some progress photos on that and this thing will be getting mighty close.

Raizo has my shin tools and pulce sidearm with him finishing up there.

My blaster in still in the works with sidewinder.

Great job so far! Im just starting my build. Want to do ESB, but the E3 Blaster seems impossible to find at a reasonable price... can one use the ROTJ one and still troop?

Great job so far! Im just starting my build. Want to do ESB, but the E3 Blaster seems impossible to find at a reasonable price... can one use the ROTJ one and still troop?
Honestly, you can get approved without any blaster at all and then carry a ROTJ one if you already have it or something like that. Only hardcore Fett Heads will know the difference. I personally prefer the ESB EE-3 since it has the cool wooden stock, but everyone's preference is different.

Like Evan said you can definitely get approved without a weapon. Some events don't even allow weapons. He's also right that only Fettnatics will know the difference. I too prefer the ESB ee3 I just think it looks classy. Glad you are here man! And if I can ever help answer questions feel free to post up. I'm not the most knowledgeable but people around these parts are great and Fetts stick together. If you have been around the boards you know that Fett is one of the most difficult and most expensive costumes to do right. So I would decide upfront what your goal is. Screen accuracy? Or a fun cosplay. Because both can be done and will have different timeframes and costs for finishing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back