First ESB Helmet paint up

B8A545F7-9CCD-4A50-B7D5-6BCAC2447EAC.jpeg
Got the black on the upper cheeks!!

Phenomenal work!!! I'm nervous about doing my killstripes. What guides do you use to make sure they are all lined up correctly?

Evan1701 I used RafalFetts stencils for everything. And I just positioned the kill stripes according to where the silver blotch is on the side of the dome and the dent. His stencil made it very nice and easy.

And thanks @ hvacdon! I’m just trying to do my best and that’s bout all I can do.

Evan1701 I used RafalFetts stencils for everything. And I just positioned the kill stripes according to where the silver blotch is on the side of the dome and the dent. His stencil made it very nice and easy.

And thanks @ hvacdon! I’m just trying to do my best and that’s bout all I can do.
That is good news because that's exactly how I'm painting my helmet! I typically have been leaving all the masking on and continuing to build on it through the layers, but the kill stripes I believe I will need to remove the masking just so the damage looks juuust right.

Watching your work unfold is great! I'll be working on my first ESB helmet for my kit. What masking fluid do you use? I plan to layer paint as well vs brushing it on. I imagine I will be hand painting some details as I progress either way. Looks great. And two at once? Champion.

Thanks SeaMarshall. I’ve been using humbrol maskol masking fluid. There’s been spots I coulda brushed on but I wanted to see how a complete layered paint job would be. And I’m no expert nor professional but I was very pleased with the results.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back