Father In Law Fett ROTJ Build

LB he mentions Claret Wine at the top of the picture post. Rustoleium makes Claret Wine in a rattle can. I've seen this color used before, it's a good
match and looks Great !! I've also seen it used with a black undercoat that changes the final color a little !! :)

Last edited:
So How is the Papa Fett Suit Coming Along ?? Is Papa Getting Anxious Yet?
SLOWLY moving along. We made a little progress on the jetpack, and attached the armor to the vest. Will be posting some new pictures in the next week or so, but he is getting anxious to complete it and getting approved.

Very busy summer for myself and Papa Fett, but we are back at it again! First layer of the paint is down on the jet pack. Used the Metallic Aluminum paint from Rustoleum. Going to liquid mask all the blue areas as that will be the first color to go on this week.

JP1.0.jpg

Very busy summer for myself and Papa Fett, but we are back at it again! First layer of the paint is down on the jet pack. Used the Metallic Aluminum paint from Rustoleum. Going to liquid mask all the blue areas as that will be the first color to go on this week.

View attachment 166794
Nice work all around and it is great that you can share this with your father in law. Plus yeah along with the others I love the name !

This is a great thread. I’m going to rattle can my RS Props armour in the near future.
Looking forward to seeing your progress
Thank you! Was going to go the air brush route, but I'm glad we went with the rattle cans. So far I like how it's turning out. We'll see what happens we get to the helmet. Good luck with your paint up. Looking forward to seeing it!

Blue is down. Started to add some black and light grey to it too. Will do an all around weathering once all the colors are down so it looks consistent across the entire pack. Left some of the masking tape on as we are moving on to the next layer. Will probably work on the red parts next.

JP2.jpg

FINALLY, back at it again! Made some progress on the main body of the jet pack. Going to be adding the symbols and other details this week. Thrusters are next then onto the rocket. Plan is to have the jet pack completed by the end of this year.
JP3.jpg

A HUGE part was completed last night. Papa Fett and I wrapped up the jet pack. All that is left on it is hitting it with the dull coat. Does anyone know if the missile tip stays glossy or does that get dulled down too? Looking at all the reference photos I'm confused as to the finish. Everything else looks good to me unless somebody sees something we may be missing. All I will say from doing this is we bought WAY too much paint. Definitely over shot that one as we thought we would be using more. Shin tools are next!

JP4.jpg
JP5.jpg
JP6.jpg
JP7.jpg
JP8.jpg
JP9.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back