APPROVED! Evan1701's ESB Boba Fett WIP (BH-81989)

Been about a thousand years since this thread has been updated, I've been hanging out in my helmet thread lately.

Anyway, local Garrison member just so happened to have exactly my size of soft parts and the girth belt just laying around his house for 3 years. I think he got tired of being on waiting lists for everything so he had given up long before anything ever actually made it to his doorstep. I made out like a bandit for $200 for flak vest, flight suit, pouches, neck seal, and the girth belt.

qOM9Xk0l.jpg

Still need the belt portions to attach this bad boy. I have plenty of time to figure that out! Also, the material is horrible. I've never felt anything so coarse. Touching it literally makes my skin crawl. I don't know what that's all about, I'm just thankful it doesn't have to touch my skin.

eOEfOFnl.jpg

And here's everything!

qtOkZbkl.jpg

Besides this, big update for the helmet thread tomorrow. I'm going to be putting in a lot of work on the ears and laying down the rest of the silver (assuming I have enough in the 14 mL jar).

I just start fooling around with my girth belt. The black strap portions that came with it were a little short for me so I took some old shirt stays and cut them and put holes for the little metal belt clippy things (technical term). The best part about it is that its flexible and stretches and its the same width as the straps that came with it. I saw somebody else do it here on a thread somewhere.

I just start fooling around with my girth belt. The black strap portions that came with it were a little short for me so I took some old shirt stays and cut them and put holes for the little metal belt clippy things (technical term). The best part about it is that its flexible and stretches and its the same width as the straps that came with it. I saw somebody else do it here on a thread somewhere.
I'm gonna have to look into that, thanks for the suggestion!

What are you going to use to weather your flight suit?
I've seen some folks use airbrush, the Fett in our squad used some sort of wash that he has to redo every few troops. I want it to be permanent so I'll probably go with the airbrush. I haven't really looked into any specific methods, though.

Sidearm and jetpack harness are here! Need to find some time between helmet sessions to clean up and prepare the sidearm. If anyone has suggestions for paint colors and weathering instructions, I'm all ears!

N8rK3Wpl.jpg

Still rocking and rolling on my helmet, but I got my shin tools (from the late great RKD AKA Will's personal ROTJ Fett) and armor last week. The armor, although it is ESB, was painted ROTJ so it needs to be repainted. About half of it also needs to have the trimming complete as well.

uYStuBAl.jpg

HoW8II1l.jpg

So as the helmet painting continues along it's winding path, I continue to gather pieces for the rest of the costume. I picked up the gauntlets (MoW), braids (Woodman), studs, knee darts, gauntlet darts (Darkside), gauntlet switches, aluminum rocket, and gloves (MoW). All I need left are:

Ammo belt
Sidearm holster
Chest lights
Shoe spikes

So if anyone knows where I might find these for cheap-ish, let me know. I've been collecting almost everything secondhand, and have saved several hundred dollars doing so. I'm hopeful I can do that for these last 4 items as well.

XVsInfgl.jpg

Definitely recommend hotpockets for the chest lights. He is the go to I think for that. As far as ammo belt delta and woodman both have good options but those are top dollar new.

Man of war is coming out with new high impact plastic toe spikes apparently. They may end up being cheaper than metal ones. Otherwise I think full metal fett has them? I think..

Definitely recommend hotpockets for the chest lights. He is the go to I think for that. As far as ammo belt delta and woodman both have good options but those are top dollar new.

Man of war is coming out with new high impact plastic toe spikes apparently. They may end up being cheaper than metal ones. Otherwise I think full metal fett has them? I think..
I definitely want the most durable toe spikes possible. My ROTJ Fett squad-mate ended up completely removing his for troops since they were constantly breaking off.

I definitely want the most durable toe spikes possible. My ROTJ Fett squad-mate ended up completely removing his for troops since they were constantly breaking off.

I wouldn’t go cheap on them then. I’ve no “trooping” experience with mine so far but just walking around the house and yard I can tell they are going to take a beating. I’ve already stabbed the door frame a few times. I think MOW might sell the metal ones that match his boots perfectly. Depending on what boots you have. I should know this, but it’s worth investigating.

Edit- it doesn’t look from MOWs site or eBay that he has toe spikes

I wouldn’t go cheap on them then. I’ve no “trooping” experience with mine so far but just walking around the house and yard I can tell they are going to take a beating. I’ve already stabbed the door frame a few times. I think MOW might sell the metal ones that match his boots perfectly. Depending on what boots you have. I should know this, but it’s worth investigating.

Edit- it doesn’t look from MOWs site or eBay that he has toe spikes
I'm considering getting some cheap-o 3D printed ones, putting them on to get approved, and then immediately removing them and not using them. I want to get some more opinions about how other folks deal with the issues with toe spikes.

I'm considering getting some cheap-o 3D printed ones, putting them on to get approved, and then immediately removing them and not using them. I want to get some more opinions about how other folks deal with the issues with toe spikes.

I angled mine up a bit. I know this is a general suggestion. I also added glue to them so they defintiely not coming off by wear and tare. It would require me going in with my knife and cutting the glue and unscrewing them. I can’t see them ever coming off on their own. What could happen is a break one spike off or something. Then I would have a harder time getting them off the shoe but I’m not too worried about it. You have to walk different and just get it in your head they are there.

I angled mine up a bit. I know this is a general suggestion. I also added glue to them so they defintiely not coming off by wear and tare. It would require me going in with my knife and cutting the glue and unscrewing them. I can’t see them ever coming off on their own. What could happen is a break one spike off or something. Then I would have a harder time getting them off the shoe but I’m not too worried about it. You have to walk different and just get it in your head they are there.
That's what I did also, I glued mine so they won't break off easy.

Sling came today! Stole a couple old keychain rings and threaded them through the holes in the little pieces on the underside of the stock. Then I tied one end of the sling and left the other "tabbed end" tucked loose into the "slot" like in the CRL pictures. Interested in y'all's method for attaching the sling, it's hard to find info about it!

BLr5pI0l.jpg

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back