Blaster ESB EE-3, Magnets to hold stock?

TanRu

New Hunter
Hey Fetts, I've inherited a mostly-complete ESB Fett from a garrison mate. While I wait for my soft parts from Arkady, I'm crossing other things off the list, and next is the EE-3. Not sure of the lineage, but it's resin.

I'm thinking about countersinking some rare earth magnets to hold the stock on, so I can break it down and store it more easily. Has anybody done it this way? Any reason not to do it this way?

Thanks for any tips!

I ended up making my stock out of a couple pieces of wood and just carved it to look the same. It really wasn't hard as long as you have some basic tools. I then used some accurate "blind nuts" and screws to hold the stock onto the D-Bracket. It's very easy to break down and all you'd have to pack is a flathead screw driver (can get them very cheep from harbor freight or Walmart).

My thoughts with the magnets is it may not hold well enough for the stock. It can be a heavy part and can be easily be bumped off. Just my thoughts tho. Can't wait to see your costume!

Tbh your kit will take up that much space having your stock detachable wouldn't really help saving space imo. I first used a small rifle case to carry mine and then built a rack inside my tote lid. Most Fett builders use the same style tote as it fits everything in safely and securely.
IMG_7076.JPG
IMG_8658.JPG

Thanks for the responses guys.

Awesome bin lid Funkyred ! Did you do anything interesting inside? For my TK I just nest everything and hurl it in there but I definitely want to do something more organized for Fett.

I lined the inside (sides and bottom) with self adhesive high density foam . I noticed the tote has grooves to create sections so I bought some 10mm black board and created sections. The large one on the left houses the dismantled jetpack , backplate and holster. The other side is divided into top and bottom . The large top section holds flight suit. , flak vest and the cod and kidney plate . Below that under the board are 3 separate sections housing the helmet in one , boots and knee armour in another and all the other pieces in the 3rd, Belts , jp harness , cape , gloves and gauntlets.
IMG_9640.JPG
IMG_9630.JPG
IMG_9633.JPG
IMG_9637.JPG
IMG_9638.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back