ESB DARTH VADER STATUE BUILD

Tfett40

Active Hunter
My first 501st build was an ESB Boba Fett, so it is only fitting to build an ESB Darth Vader. While building my first Fett I managed to build it at a reasonable cost by modifying and reconditioning used parts or buying pieces people were letting go and I did this rather quickly. 6 months. I have the same ambition with Vader and I am going to try to keep my costs down as much as I can, while still trying to be as accurate as possible.

Below is my running parts list:

Helmet:

Armor: Portumac Scaled Version (Ordered 07-10-18)

Shins Guards:

Cape:

Inner robe:

Bodysuit: Rubies (used)

Chestbox

Belt:

Cod Piece:

Gloves: Endor Finders

Boots: Generic Engineer

Lightsaber:

My build got off to a good start by my buddy donating his posable mannequin to me for helping him build his Boba Fett. Its head and right arm needed to be secured tighter, but other then that no issues.
1.jpg

Considering that Prowse was a bodybuilder and not a skinny mannequin, it was time to buff this guy out. To do this, I bought a lycra body suit, cut off the sleeves to make putting back the arms easier. I also cut and used 1/2 foam and shaped to muscle parts. I then used fabric glue spray to stick the foam onto the lycra suit which was fitted on the mannequin.
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

While creating the arms, I realized how quickly I went through the foam and I had to cut short of filling out every area. I had picked up the Rubies jumpsuit in Watto's junkyard and threw it on over mannequin for a fitting.

Overall, I was happy with the chest and shoulder area of the mannequin and how nicely the foam filled it out. The arms and legs could use a tad more filling. But that will have to wait until I order new foam.

The boots I used were generic engineer boots that I had purchased for my tie reserve that were too big and cost half the price to ship back. I finally got to put them to use. While reviewing this photo, the silver stand holding up Vader was distracting. I end up spray painting it and the base black to blend in with the costume better.

Anymore progress on this?
Yes. Sorry, I ran into health issues alittle after I started this build and had to come to a halt. I picked the build back up when I got healthier and I kinda forgot about this thread. So I will catch up.

Anovos Helmet
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a6.jpg

ESB Gloves by Endor Finders
g4.jpg
g6.jpg
g7.jpg
g9.jpg

Shins by Sith Planet:
SMP_9635.JPG
SMP_9662.JPG

Anovos Cod Piece
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Inner Turnic and Cape by Anovos:
SMP_9655.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back