Jet Pack DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Happy New year TDH!

I made these stencils to take the guesswork out of ROTJ jetpack paint ups for me when it comes to placement and sizing. They arent perfect, but they help with the basic shapes and placement for the main damage areas. Its not every little piece of damage on the entire pack, just the main damage on the front center strip, and the front of the fuel tank panels. I also did the "3" looking damage area on the lower left side of the pack. The rest of the damage can be easily achieved by hand just looking at reference photos.

These were made to work with my DVH jetpacks, but you can re-size/scale or skew them in photoshop or a similar program to get them to fit most any pack out there.

I recommend using these in conjunction with photo reference to get your pack as close as possible :)

They were made in photoshop to print on 8.5X11 standard printer paper. the center strip damage is separated into 2 parts (top and bottom) so they fit on 8.5X 11 paper. The top and bottom have overlap to make it easy to join them together.

The image here is just so you can see what they look like. click on the PDF files below to download the full size/high res files.

enjoy!

rotj%20damage%20stencils_zpshbfidrtj.jpg

Attachments

• ROTJ Jetpack damage 1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 666
  • ROTJ Jetpack damage 2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 635
Last edited by a moderator:
Lou, I wish these were available when I was painting my jet pack!! Awesome, and thanks! HNY!
ive been meaning to do these for a while, since im doing 4 packs currently i figured maybe now would be a good time lol

Wow thank you so much for your generous work. These will come in handy sometime soon!
Awesome im glad they will be of use for ya!

Just finished my pack yesterday, almost perfect timing haha!
LOL!

Very cool Lou! You should make some for the ESB jetpack too! Lots of people freehand and go by the reference pictures. Stencils always help!

I did all of my ROTJ by freehand and best guess. These stencils would have been nice.

Good work

Thanks man! I've been doing them free hand myself for a while as well. Since ive been trying to get all these finished packs done by doing more than one at a time, i thought id give these a shot. These were literally taken from a photo and manipulated, so they are very close. minor detail may have been lost in the process but i think they serve the purpose well :)

Very cool Lou! You should make some for the ESB jetpack too! Lots of people freehand and go by the reference pictures. Stencils always help!

Thanks bud!... The thought crossed my mine, but the ESB pack doesnt have "chips" and damage like the ROTJ..its more "wear" which works best drybrushing topically so i dont think i could really do stencils as theres really no "hard" lines on the damage.

Thanks bud!... The thought crossed my mine, but the ESB pack doesnt have "chips" and damage like the ROTJ..its more "wear" which works best drybrushing topically so i dont think i could really do stencils as theres really no "hard" lines on the damage.

True, but it never hurts to help the new guys coming! The stencils help a lot!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back