DVH Cutting down on Fiberglass

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hey hunters... so i wanted to post this up just as a FYI. Once all current orders are taken care of i will be cutting back on Fiberglass Fett items. This is for a few reasons, one being i want to cut back on the amount of fiberglass use in general. The chemicals are harsh, and even though i use as much protection as i can, nothing is 100%. After losing ASOK and more recently my bud Will (RKD) i really want to cut back on things that are chemical based where i can.

Also i want to venture more into the vac forming as most stuff i want to make, the Vac formed plastic would be the best option. It is also less toxic and proper ventilation and protection should do much more good with this stuff than the fiberglass. Plus fiberglass is SO messy and time consuming to do.

Now im not selling my molds, and will still cast some helmet and JP kits, (and gauntlets) it will just be less and more like casting a bunch of stuff once or twice a year rather than constantly. I'll probably offer a few kits while im finsihing up the orders i have since after next week everything left is completed jetpacks and helmets, so if i offer a kit here n there noone will feel they are getting duped.

You guys got Wasted Fett and Animefan selling FP product, amongst other great makers like Bobamaker and RS Props, so im pretty sure if i cant get you what you need when you need it, you will all be taken care of.

Like i had mentioned before i am still not taking any painting/building commissions. I appreciate you guys sending people my way for that, but those are pretty much off the table for good at this point, aside from if i randomly do one on my own time and then offer it up for sale.

So moving forward i will just post up when i have items for sale, whether it be finished or a kit and that will pretty much be it.

Thanks to everyone who has commissions my work in the past, and who plan to in the future, i truly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Definitely makes me glad I got in on one of your helmets and JP kits. We just lost one of our own in the Garrison about 2 weeks ago, so whatever you can to take yourself out of harm's way, don't let any naysayers convince you otherwise... just do it! At the end of the day, this is just a hobby, and no hobby is worth your health. Good luck on your future endeavors Lou!

lol yes i did Andy, but im not going to stop totally! I will still do them. im cutting down on the fiberglass not cutting OUT the fiberglass lol! I will likely cast a bunch once or twice a year and just have em until they are gone. I just dont want to be using fiberglass 200 times a year..id rather do it 20 times a year ya know?

ha glad you like it bud! The V3 isnt THAT much smaller :)

Last edited:
lol yes i did Andy, but im not going to stop totally! I will still do them. im cutting down on the fiberglass not cutting OUT the fiberglass lol! I will likely cast a bunch once or twice a year and just have em until they are gone. I just dont want to be using fiberglass 200 times a year..id rather do it 20 times a year ya know?

ha glad you like it bud! The V3 isnt THAT much smaller :)
Is fiberglass the only material that you can use to make your JPs and gauntlets? Reason I ask is, that I recently found some urethane plastic made by BJB enterprises. (TC-808) It has ABS qualities and is by far the strongest plastic I've come across. I use it on all the helmets and other Props that I cast now! I also was using fiberglass and quickly realized that was not a viable long term option for me! Rigid 60D-85D

Lou,
Are you making any progress on your scout stuff?

Havent had time to really dive into the molds...still need to get through a bunch of the Fett stuff! But im shooting for Scout stuff to be ready for Spring!

Is fiberglass the only material that you can use to make your JPs and gauntlets? Reason I ask is, that I recently found some urethane plastic made by BJB enterprises. (TC-808) It has ABS qualities and is by far the strongest plastic I've come across. I use it on all the helmets and other Props that I cast now! I also was using fiberglass and quickly realized that was not a viable long term option for me! Rigid 60D-85D

I dont normally care for urethane resin packs and helmets as they need to be cast thicker to give them rigidity im after. Plus the screen used stuff was fiberglass. Very strong and light weight. I really like the fiberglass, i just want to expose myself to it less. The new shop may help though as i'll have proper ventialtion n such

SIDE NOTE:
I edited my original post to be more clear. Folks seem to have thought i was not going to make Fett stuff anymore. This is NOT the case. I will always do it, and will still do the fiberglass pieces, Fett just wont be the only thing im doing, so naturally time will be split between different stuff, and in turn, i will make less Fett stuff. I dont want people to think im out of the game, im not going anywhere lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back