Cod and Kidney Armor Connection

Juan Solo

Jr Hunter
Calling all TDH Boba Fett ensemble experts :lol:.. Time for your expertise please. Forgive me if this question has been addressed in a previous thread.

My question to you all is....Do the Boba Fett ESB Cod and Kidney armor pieces need to connect at the hips?

I have seen some armor kits that do connect with the studs and some with the kidney piece that do not connect leaving several inches on each side. The kidney piece ends seem to be cut at an angle.(n)

Thank you for any assistance you may provide.(y)

Respectfully,

Juan Solo

I’m not an expert but based on images I have seen and the 501 CRL I would say yes, they should connect.:)
Direct quote from CRL:
“Codpiece appears to connect to the kidney plate on the sides via 2 square studs, identical in shape/size to the shoulder studs.The studs may be functional connectors or decorative. If the studs are not the functional connection between cod and kidney, no other attachment method may be visible.”

But in saying that if 501 approval is not your goal I’d say go with your personal preference.

I’m not an expert but based on images I have seen and the 501 CRL I would say yes, they should connect.:)
Direct quote from CRL:
“Codpiece appears to connect to the kidney plate on the sides via 2 square studs, identical in shape/size to the shoulder studs.The studs may be functional connectors or decorative. If the studs are not the functional connection between cod and kidney, no other attachment method may be visible.”

But in saying that if 501 approval is not your goal I’d say go with your personal preference.
Indeed. I read that also, I guess the word “appear” threw a question mark in there for me do to these pieces being covered by the girth and ammo belt.

MANY THANKS!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back