Joelight

Jr Hunter
Not sure what everyone else thought about The Last Jedi. From what I have seen online the reviews are almost split evenly with half of the fans liking it and the other half less than pleased with the new direction Disney is taking. I personally didn't care for some parts but liked others and feel that Disney is really focusing the new trilogy toward a younger audience.

With that being said I think that Disney is alienating half of it's audience. The half that grew up with the original trilogy and has matured to the point where cartoon like humor can ruin a good movie.

I have not done much research into what the plans are for the Hon Solo movie coming out next year and don't know what the atmosphere of that one will be, darker like rogue one or lighter like the new trilogy. But I think that Disney could really reach a huge audience with the last stand alone movie that is supposed to come out after the end of the new trilogy. I'm sure most people here have seen the Dark Night trilogy and know how well it was received. I recently watched Dunkirk and thought that it was one of the best war movies I have seen in a long time and would recommend renting it.

I just had this idea earlier that Christopher Nolan would be a great choice for a director of a Boba Fett stand alone movie. A darker more mature feel could bring a lot of new people to Star Wars just like The Dark Night did with Batman. I think that the feel of Christopher Nolan's movies along with their pacing would be perfect for a movie where Boba Fett is stalking a bounty.

I just wanted to see what other Star Wars fans thought about it, seeing as most of the people that I know don't care as strongly about Star Wars as I do, I thought I would post this here.

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant and long winded.

I would love to see a standalone Boba Fett movie, and I'm really crossing my fingers that he shows up in the Han Solo movie, even just for a second.

I think a Fett + Thrawn movie would be awesome. In the new book, Thrawn is hunting down criminals throughout the Outer Rim. I could easily see him teaming up with Boba Fett to track down a rebel cell or some good old fashioned smugglers.

I really need to rewatch ep 8 in order to gather my thoughts on it. That said, I would love a Star Wars movie directed by Nolan, and Boba Fett could most benefit from his style. I really enjoyed Dunkirk and of course the Dark Night trilogy are incredible.

I also can't completely decide if I want a Boba Fett standalone movie, since I think it would be pretty hard to pull off one that doesn't reveal at least some of his mystery, which, in my mind, is one of his key and best defining characteristics (extra hate for the prequels there imho).

in order to avoid boba fett being ruined for everyone, i hope to god there isn't ever a boba fett movie. other than the helmet, what makes him so cool is how little we know about him; the mystery of fett.
I 100% agree!! I do NOT want a Fett movie at all

in order to avoid boba fett being ruined for everyone, i hope to god there isn't ever a boba fett movie. other than the helmet, what makes him so cool is how little we know about him; the mystery of fett.

I agree but seeing as they are going to do it I'll be hoping it's a grown up film in the same vein as Logan. Not removing the helmet or saying a great deal would help and I pray that they don't try to expand the woeful backstory from the prequel car crash.

Star Wars fans will never be happy.

Hahaha. Maybe although I was pretty happy with episode 8; the execution, although not necessarily the concept, of some parts could have been better e.g. magic flying space witch but those are small complaints. Episode 2 has long been my least favourite with few redeeming features and the Boba sections some of the poorest. Jango was alright.

TLJ was awful,how some critics think it's better than ESB is pretty funny I would rate both ewok movies better than it....but I suppose it's like a dog licking its own a$$ it's a matter of taste....happy Christmas guys...

TLJ was awful,how some critics think it's better than ESB is pretty funny I would rate both ewok movies better than it....but I suppose it's like a dog licking its own a$$ it's a matter of taste....happy Christmas guys...
Art thinks it's better than ESB

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back