Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

I am new to this forum in that I have only registered today. However, I have visited this site often in the past and read some of the threads. During this summer I stumbled on to Wizard of Flight's Boba Fett Templates. For many years I havewanted to fabricate a decent costume. His hard work and generosity gave me the starting point. I began with a cardboard version to see how all of the pieces fit together. Then I moved on to a plastic/ fiberglass construct. I completed it a couple of weeks ago. Thank you very much Wizard of Flight for your templates. Thank you also to the rest of you who have contributed to this website. Here are some images of my finished helmet. Somethings I will correct in the future. It has no electronics. Maybe another modification in the future.
helmet 56 final assembly right side.JPGhelmet 57 final assembly front.JPGhelmet 58 final assembly left.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Kripps - Looks good so far. I see you couldn't wait to shoot some paint on it! What type of material are you using? I just ran by Lowes this morning and picked up a couple "House for Sale" signs that I think are sintra. Still haven't found a batting helmet yet, they may not be in season yet.

Chad

I found thrift stores to be a great source for used batting helmets. I actually live right next door to one and have almost limitless supply, and thank the force because I plan on making plenty of errors. No shipping charges either! And much less than $25. $1 for youth sizes and $2 for seniors (1 size fits all).

I have printed off WOF's Awesome helmet templates and have cut the pieces out of .060 styrene. I will begin to glue the sections together tomorrow. I still am not to sure about what to do for the dome section yet. But hopefully all will go well for me.

IMG_0288.PNG
IMG_0402.JPG
finally getting back to this thread with my results.
these are my 2nd and 3rd helmets boba with bondo,and jango with just duct tape for my nephew

1.png just showing my first attempt to see where i came from. its ****** one on the right. I had rushed it for halloween...big mistake.

I am starting a Fett project and I am trying to decide if I want to build a helmet from scratch or purchase one and spend my efforts on other parts of the more "doable" parts of the costume. Thank you for the ground work you have done.

ugh.... I finally finished my first boba fett helmet... well, it was in the paper stages... and one night i had a "night fright" and i ran out of my room, when i went back i realized what my foot had made contact with, it was my boba fett helmet... sad day, it was crushed beyond repair and i am soon going to start again...

As I am a complete newbie when it comes to the construction of templates (of any kind) would someone point me to a video or some other way of putting this template together?

So glad I found this again. I made a bucket awhile back with these templates but it got destroyed along with the files in an accident. Starting this ASAP!

i have a very basic question regarding this template..

how do you bend the cheek parts? i mean, i will need something to push it against.. what did you use ?

i have a very basic question regarding this template..

how do you bend the cheek parts? i mean, i will need something to push it against.. what did you use ?

Try using your good old fingers... that always works. Just don't push it too hard because the cardboard will ripple or crack.

i'm talking about sintra not cardboard =)

In this case you might use a heatgun to heat up the sintra piece then...
Try using your good old fingers... that always works.

...of course with gloves on your hands! Or you can use a piece of tube (or bar from any material) and bend the cheek part agains it to achieve the curved form you need.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back