Vest Attaching Double Sleeves to Vest?

Eli Jinn

Hunter
You know how the actual flight suit and vest are like this? (Pardon my crappy "diagrams")
Notes_221018_083425.jpg

So, since I bought a pre-existing jumpsuit to use for my flightsuit, I've been trying to figure out how to attach my double sleeves. I don’t have much sewing experience, and I'm on a bit of a time crunch, I had this idea...
Notes_221018_085158~2.jpg

So my thought process was that since I'm making my own flak vest, wouldn't it be much easier to sew the sleeves onto something that isn't put together yet instead of directly on the flightsuit?
Notes_221018_092314.jpg

Notes_221018_091826.jpg

I've looked around and I can't find anyone else who has tried this. I haven't gotten around to sewing them yet, but could anyone give some suggestions or criticism on this idea?

Last edited:
Okay, but given the level of effort here why not go the more accurate route? The flak vest is already a complicated garment if done right. The fit of the shoulders and chest area is both essential and tricky, and I think adding more variables to that equation is asking for pain.

That's how the short sleeves are attached on the Book of Boba set-up. It was kinda a pain in the butt and it's much easier for me to put them on the suit but then again, I'm making the suit so there's that.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back