Armor, Jetpack, Gauntlets, oh my! for GeekdadX7

Not great photos, but I've been plugging away at the armor. The knee and shoulder armor pieces have the silver masked, and the base yellow is now awaiting further masking. The rest of the armor is in silver and beginning to get the silver masked off as well.

IMG_8460.JPG

IMG_8461.JPG

IMG_8462.JPG

Not been so great with the updates this time around, but here is the armor before most of the weathering gets done:

IMG_1697.JPG

Also the gauntlets are done being prepped so those will get the paint next!

IMG_1703.JPG

How did you fix the chest slots? I haven’t started them but I’m wondering how to get the slots cutout and corners to be straight.
Thanks!

How did you fix the chest slots? I haven’t started them but I’m wondering how to get the slots cutout and corners to be straight.
Thanks!

I used apoxie sculpt for the repair, and sand paper and needle files to get the shape I wanted.

Hiya folks. Just wanted to give you all an update.
Artakha painted and shipped out 99% of my armor, I got it in a week and a half ago, it's freaking beautiful. Seriously... it's like the first time you ever had a hot girl say yes to going out with you after a lifetime of dating hungry hungry hippos... it's that good looking. ;)
I've been working on it at night, trying to get the armor for all of the upper body transferred from the vest that the used armor came on over to RKD's vest out of principle. I have all of the upper body armor on the vest, just need to do some adjusting on positioning for the 2 upper torso plates.

I'm currently trying to get the straps set up and installed on the "quality jetpack harness kit" that I bought from the cargo hold. Hoping to have that done late tonight so that I can try putting the jetpack on it tomorrow night (I don't get to work on this stuff till the kids go down at night).

DVH's jetpack is beautiful, very happy with it as well as artakha's paintjob on all of my used armor to make everything uniform with his helmet that he made.

I've accepted the fact that due to time constraints till my nephew's event (1.5 weeks away) that I'm not going to be able to get everything fine tuned to 501st approval. The shin tools most specifically. All that I have time for is to hit them with a layer of paint and tuck them into the sleeves. After the event I'll go about getting those squared away properly.

I talked to the 501st liason for the event up in sacramento and he was totally cool with me trooping at the event, as it's a non 501st sanctioned event and I'm more than welcome to go out there as Boba. I figured that after dropping 60 pounds and putting the suit together I was going regardless of whether or not I got approval at this point lol. ;)

I'm hoping that in the next few days I'll be able to FINALLY be able to post a pic of everything that I have so far. Artakha's still working on teh gauntlets, but that's not a problem. I have enough keeping me busy with the suit at the moment. Still need to get the jetpack set up properly, then get the electronics installed into the helmet.

Thanks for all of your endless help and support with this process mis amigos.

5C264286-023A-44F9-9E5D-BE7BF59411A1.jpeg
Alright, I know I won’t have time to get everything squared away to 501st standards yet because I’m leaving for my nephew’s event next thursdaymorning, but I spoke with the 501st liaison for it and he’s totally cool with me going.

I still need to weather the boots to look more ROTJ-ish, am still working on getting the jetpack mounted (seriously is there any way to get that danged thing on yourself??? Lol) the gauntlets will be here early next week... I’m painting the shin tools, and i need to position the chest plates a little better... and dirty him up a bit.... but ALMOST THERE.

I foreseea few more 3am nights in my near future

-edit-
I know it’s not how he holds his EE3 in the movies.... but even bounty hunters need trigger discipline lol

-edit edit-
The knee armor is really wide and i need to put padding on the back side to help suck in the empty space. They are strapped around my lower thighs just so i can take the pic lol.

Last edited:
What attachments are you using for the knee pads? I would personally recommend high strength earth magnets. This may help your spacing issue as it will bring it in.though, maybe too much extra baggage on the flightsuit too?. Also, the strap really shouldn’t be holding it up but it also should be tight. If that’s loose, you may want to put a new strap on it.

I personally love the magnets and you can slide the knees in place. I also love them for the armor also, makes it so much easier

I ended up putting some magnets at the top of the backplate (on the underside) and on the underside at the rear of the collar armor. Oh my GOD it’s wonderful. I just hold up the back plate behind me and it snaps up into place. Will try putting the magnets on the knees tonight

The flight suit looks like it may need to be brought to the tailor to get more snug. Also would bring up the pockets on the pants a little bit. That would help with the overall appearance and even prevent sagging once you figure out the magnets for the knees.

Besides that you look great!

The flight suit looks like it may need to be brought to the tailor to get more snug. Also would bring up the pockets on the pants a little bit. That would help with the overall appearance and even prevent sagging once you figure out the magnets for the knees.

Totally agree. There’s a dry cleaner 2 blocks from my house that does alterations. Going to head there tomorrow to see if she can do it within a day or two because i still need to weather the suit more and have to leave on thursday. Guess I lost a little too much weight lol.

Hmmm... read in another guy’s thread how to tighten up the legs of his suit he just sinced it up higher with a thin belt, taking up the slack, then covered that belt with the regular fett belts.going to try that tonight. Temporary fix hopefully

Hmmm... read in another guy’s thread how to tighten up the legs of his suit he just sinced it up higher with a thin belt, taking up the slack, then covered that belt with the regular fett belts.going to try that tonight. Temporary fix hopefully

I adapted the method the builder did for his cod and Kidney. They are attached by the studs but I also have a belt velcroed to the cod that wraps around me. I do the same and bring my flightsuit up using that extra belt, which then holds the excess up

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back