Acrylic airbrushing above Rustoleum Enamel.

VIARPE

Hunter
Hello everyone.
I painted my Bobamaker ESB Gaunts with a base layer of Rustoleum's Enamel Aluminium Color as first layer to start painting above of, so I can do some scratches through Maskol.
Thing is, when I painted over it, the acrylic wouldnt stick to the surface. I rubbed the surface of the gaunt with a piece of toilet paper and after that the acrylic could fix itself onto the surface.
However, I'm spotting some cracking after it dries.
I applied 2 layers of Spray can Rustoleum, with 30 mins of difference each, arround 48 hours before airbrushing the acrylic.
I used Rustoleum as base since it was cheaper and quicker than to airbrush aluminium color.
When I touch the aluminium color base layer my fingerprints get marked on the surface. Maybe I made a too thic layer and It hasn't dried out? Will it dry out or maybe it is sealed irreparably?
Have I fucked up?
Should I just get all paint off with turpentine and then spray primer above it and start from 0 by airbrushing Humbrol's enamel aluminium color?
Ty!

Vicente.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back