332nd (Ahsokas Loyalists Bucket)

ArcPaladin

New Hunter
Just a quick question... I'm finishing up a 332nd helmet build, and I'm trying to find the correct color for the markings. I've been told its "dark orange". Does that sound correct? Anything more specific?

Thanks

I don't know if Filoni has released a color guide for that one yet. As the DL of the CTD, I will tell you that we aren't looking at having these approvable or working on a CRL until after they are released via the show. There are oftentimes changes that happen from concept to final delivery, especially when it comes to animated characters.

If you're just looking to create something, try to find one that is as close to what you see on the screen. Best of luck on the build!

8831B369-EF7E-462B-AE2B-E268582F5CCA.jpeg
69F01B0E-C8FF-4D3C-8FDC-97677A2D8547.jpeg
My painter used Montana gold true orange as the color. Also I hate animared versions of most helmets and used a realisic helmet as a base (damaged MR). Not a fan of seeing animated style clones on troops. I get it, Rebels and Clone Wars are cartoons, but since we know what relistic armor looks like, then that is what should be made in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's a fine addition to your collection! That color choice makes it pop especially compared to the "clean" helmets.

View attachment 171156 View attachment 171157 I get it, Rebels and Clone Wars are cartoons, but since we know what relistic armor looks like, then that is what should be made in my opinion.

I get what you're saying, but for clarification purposes I'll re-affirm that animated paint schemes on realistic/movie armor isn't 501st/RL approvable with the exception of those that have high-quality figure references, i.e. Sideshow.

The different geometries of the helmets will naturally lend themselves to force interpretations of what "should" be there vs. what is actually there. For example, all the regular Realistic/Movie buckets may have only an undamaged/unweathered black brow band, so the orange paint there is technically incorrect.

The color choice and the general paint job look really nice on yours and it's pretty cool as a display piece. My advice is for builders looking for approvals, so please disregard if this doesn't apply to you.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back